Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hands on Healing

For years, science and faith have been at odds with each other when it comes to this issue. But when we put the biology of belief under a microscope, both sides have been known to agree that’ a little spirituality may be very good for your health.’
The real life experiences throughout this paper reveal how instrumental prayer can be when coupled with medical treatment. The common denominator in these stories is that each person used the power in their hands– faith – to instigate the change in their circumstances.
Whether it was for a long distant relative, or a series of prayers over time, or it happened on the spot, each person first had to change their mindset and believe that a positive outcome could take place with some divine intervention.
According to a dossier compiled by scientists in the UK and US, prayer and spiritual healing can make a positive contribution to a person’s health. Professor Harald Walach, a psychologist from the University of Northampton, describes the most widely practised alternative remedy – prayer – as a phenomenon, saying that ignoring the significant effect that prayer has on a person’s health ‘would be unscientific.’
In fact, in a separate survey, it was revealed that 85 per cent of physicians interviewed believed spirituality and prayer have a positive influence on the health and recovery of those who are sick. From the 1,100 surveyed, three-quarters agreed that prayer helped people maintain a positive outlook.
So Bishop, is prayer a healthy alternative? My answer is no. Prayer is a healthy complement to all round better well-being. I’ll say it again: it’s a complement and not a sole alternative. Refusing to adhere to standard medical care and depending on prayer alone is unwise.
Remember that being spiritual is all about using an intelligent faith and not a blind one. If you have done all you can and believe that by tapping into a higher source of power could help better yourself from the inside out, then keep reading.
The UCKG invites you to use the power in your hands – faith – at the Hands on Healing event: Sunday 29th January at 10am also at 7:am at all the UCKG across the country.
We believe that faith is a powerful tool when you know how to use it. The rest is up to you.
Read below the testimonies of those who received the healing from God:
Alias Khoza
Alias had pains in one leg for more than seven years. He had to go in and out of hospitals but still could not walk properly.
“I was staying alone and I struggled to do things in the house. I was desperately looking for a solution and I turned to traditional healers for help. However my leg remained painful, “said Alias.
He started to drink alcohol and he smoked to ease his pains. He told the Universal News that he felt better and forgot his problems for a short while.
A member of the UCKG invited him to the church. On his first day he went to a pastor for counselling and prayers for his health. He also took part in the chain of prayer on Tuesdays for his healing.
“I continued taking medication and together with my faith in God, four months later my health was restored and I was able to walk. I started to see more changes in my life. I stopped drinking and smoking. I started applying for a job and later I got a permanent job,” said Alias.
The Universal News spoke to Agnes, Alias’s cousin, about the changes in his life. “Alias used to be very sick and had to go to hospital often. He was also addicted to alcohol and smoking, but when he started attending the church we saw a change in his life,” she said.
By: Maggie Nyaunda
Khabonina Motsei
Twenty-four-year-old Khabonina was sick for nearly three years. First diagnosed with pneumonia in 2009, she later lost her hearing.
She was taken to different doctors but her health continued to deteriorate to the point where she could not talk, eat or drink anything.
The worst moment of my life was when my mother had to bath me. I was so weak that I could not even hold my little son. I depended on my family for everything,” she said.
She was bed-ridden for seven months until October last year when her family took her to the UCKG.
“In the church, I learnt to depend on and trust God for my life. I continued coming to church on Tuesdays and I prayed for my healing,” she said.
Three months later her health improved and she was able to do all the things she could not do before. Her hearing was also restored.
Universal News spoke to her aunt, Puleng, who said: “Khabonina
was on the brink of death as she couldn’t do anything. She could not even hear her son crying. However this changed after she came to the church. Her life is now a living testimony of God’s healing power,” she said.
By: Sibongile Mazibuko
Margaret Vundisa
Margaret was invited to the church by a friend in 2000. She used to suffer from body pains that could not be linked to any cause. She could not find help in hospitals and slowly lost all hope. Her condition affected her children who watched her suffering.
“People would talk behind my back about my poor health and I could not give them answers as I also did not know what my problem was,” she said.
One day while she was at a shopping centre she met a friend, Joanah who advised her to go to the church.
“I did not hesitate as I was desperate for healing. The first day I went, things began to change with my health,” she said.
Through believing that she would be healed, God indeed healed her. Today she is healthy.
Her friend Joanah said, “I invited her because she was a sickly person and had lost a lot of weight. She was all over the place, going to different traditional healers and prophets. I felt it was my duty to show her the right direction which is God. Today it pleases me to see her happy and healthy”.
By: Nikiwe Titus
Barbara Mkhize
Barbara, a wife and mother of three, suffered from a sickness that even doctors could not diagnose. For five years she had to go to hospital time and again because she could not use her hands or walk.
“I would faint and the doctors told me that I had to undergo an operation on my head,” she said.
Desperate to find healing, she turned to traditional healers but her condition worsened until a former colleague, a member of the UCKG, invited her to the church in 2005.
“She told me that God is able to do what doctors can not do,” she said.
Barbara accepted the invitation. Her husband carried her to the church and after the service she spoke to a pastor who encouraged her to believe in God as He was the only one who could heal her.
“I had lost all hope, but the pastor’s words gave me a different approach to life. I prayed for my healing. I kept on using my medication but used my faith and believed I would be healed,” said Barbara. As she continued coming to church, her faith grew and her body received strength.” said Barbara. As she continued coming to church, her faith grew and her body received strength.
Two months later, Barbara saw the true power of God as she started to walk and later she was able to do all the things she could not do before. Barbara has been well for four years.
“Today I am happy. I can jump and run around,” she said.
Universal News spoke to Barbara’s brother, Thulani who witnessed the improvement in his sister’s health.
“Doctors had told us that she was not going to make it and we believed them because of the pain she suffered. However, I saw her recovering after she started to attend the church. I saw the miracle in her life,” he said.
By: Roncha Mendel
DisclaimerThe Universal Church does not claim to heal any person, but believes that through faith, God can. Those under medical treatment are advised to continue taking prescribed medication and following their doctors’ instructions.
DOWNLOAD Hands on Healing Booklet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month