Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Being tempted is not a sin

Being tempted is not a sin

thoughtsA lady who was desperate for help confessed that she was being attacked by satanic thoughts. Those thoughts were so vile that she didn't even dare repeat them.
And so, I had the privilege of helping her through my personal experience.
In the beginning of my conversion, I was also attacked by thoughts related to God and sex. There is no need to go into detail about them because, usually, everyone who is in the early stages of his or her conversion goes through the same thing.
At that time, because I was inexperienced in faith, the situation was extremely disturbing. It made me think that I was sinning against the Holy Spirit.
Without going into detail, I spoke to my pastor about it. He prayed for me and I was delivered from those thoughts. But, two years later, the same thoughts began pestering my mind again.
At that very moment, inspired by the Holy Spirit, I rebuked the devil by saying, 'Pay attention, Satan! From now on, every time you bring me this garbage I will glorify my Lord Jesus.' I did this because I knew he hates to see us worship God.
From that moment on, I became free, not only from the bad thoughts but also from the fear of having them. The devil did try twice after this, but I immediately reacted by praising my beloved Lord.
And they were all gone! Just like that.
I believe that this kind of problem is quite common among people who are close to being born of God.
If you are experiencing a similar situation, don't fear or fret. Instead, exalt God every time these thoughts come, for they are a sign that you're on the right track.
Being tempted is not a sin. However, it's a sin to fall into temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month